According the U.S Department of Public Health and the American Dental Association, fluoridation has been one of the top ten public health achievements of the 20th century, and it’s credited for reducing tooth decay. The problem is that mass medicating the public is dangerous, considering that fluoride is in so many other common use products. Fluoridated communities are quite frankly being overdosed by up to six and seven times the directed amount.
Sodium fluoride, not to be confused with calcium fluoride that appears naturally in underground water sources and even sea water, is a synthetic waste product of the nuclear, aluminum, and phosphate fertilizer industries. The sodium fluoride from industrial waste that is added to water supplies is also already contaminated with lead, aluminum, and candium (an extremely toxic metallic element, used commonly as a pigment in paint) and of the short list, causes kidney and liver damage.
Too much fluoride intake has serious health dangers, including:
· Acute Poisoning – Hence the large print warning on all fluoridated toothpaste that warns to not let children under six years of age use their product. “If swallowed, contact poison control immediately.”
· Reduced IQ
· Birth defects
· Bone and uterine cancer
· Perinatal death (Death of an infant between birth and the end of the neonatal period.)
There is fluoride in many products that the public is not aware of, which is causing the overdose and essentially “dumbing down our society.” These products include:
· Infant formula
· Processed cereals- “The fluoride concentration of the water used during processing can substantially affect the final fluoride concentration… Infants who eat large quantities of dry infant cereals reconstituted with fluoridated water could ingest substantial quantities of fluoride from this source,” according to the Journal of the American Dental Association
· Wine – There is fluoride in California wines and raisins.
· Beer – Heavy beer drinkers can consume up to 4 mg daily from beer alone.
· Teflon pans
· TOOTHPASTE- Use ONLY non-fluoridated toothpaste!
· Prozac- fluoride is part of the main ingredient in the common anti-depressant. So, now we are not only changing the chemistry of the brain with this particular pill, but also affecting the brain with an extremely toxic chemical.
There are many countries that are fighting against fluoridation of drinking water including, Germany, France, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Austria. We are still being convinced in the U.S. that we need fluoride in our water to prevent tooth decay, but recent studies show that this is not the case.
We need to be aware of this fluoride poison epidemic. Fortunately, Santa Cruz County fought to stop any fluoridation of our drinking water. This is a huge accomplishment in the fight against forced mass medication, which rightly gives us the choice whether or not we are we are going to use products that contain sodium fluoride.
It is imperative that we keep ourselves educated. To learn more about the details of the effects fluoride on the brain and the whole body, visit http://www.slweb.org/bibliography.html -The Bibliography of Scientific Literature on fluoride.