Date(s) - 02/07/2014
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Board Makers of Santa Cruz: http://santacruz.surfrider.
This project started not with a bang but with a ding. Ben Nelson repaired a hole in one of local photographer David Dennis’s surfboards. Ben was kind enough to let David shoot him while he was doing repairs on the Westside one afternoon. From there, the project grew with each photo session leading to more referrals. Within a few weeks David (David Dennis Photos) had enough pictures to fill 50 galleries, but he didn’t want to leave anyone out, so he kept shooting and shooting and shooting. In fact, he’s still shooting and will be doing so up until opening night on February 7, 2014 at Café Iveta. Ashley Lloyd, an amazing shaper herself, and her band, The Shapes, will supply the music for this First Friday Art Tour event. Come check out the photos, meet local shapers, glassers and others in the industry. Buy raffle tickets for a chance to win killer prizes like surf boards and shaping sessions. And, best of all, the show will benefit the ocean protection efforts of the Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz.
Raffle prizes include:
· Completed Surfboard from Natural Curves Surfboards and Vince Broglio
· Completed longboard and custom hand plane from Santa Cruz Board Builders Guild/Migration Surfboards
· Two family, couple or individual portrait sessions and custom framed surfboard picture from David Dennis Photos
· $40 gift card plus 10% of revenue from 4-close from Iveta .
· Longship Design Wood Handplane from Sawyer Land and Sea Supply
· Custom shape job from Michel Junod Surfboards
· Custom shape job from Ward Coffee Shapes
· Shaping Session with Pearson Arrow
· Freeline Design – Shaping Session + Blank from Freeline Design
· Shaping Session with Doug Haut Custom Surfboards
· Signed Copies of Tom Mahony’s novels